Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Grr Ripper contest finalists

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Vote for your favorite haiku!

Thank you all for submitting your poems into the haiku challenge. I am astonished by how good they all are, and picking out the finalists was not an easy task. My crack team (wife and kid) and I read through them all and each chose some favorites. Then I combined those results, and using a complex algorithm came up with these seven.

**************

For all that you do,
Grr-Ripper, to keep us from harm:
haiku very much.


At age fourteen I
Need to stay safe so I want
a new Grr-Ripper now


Grr-Ripper straight and true
It saves my fingers oh phew
Now I am not blue


Saw Teeth Make Hands Cringe
Grr-Ripper Appears, Danger Wanes
Fingers Fing Freely


Grr-Ripper what a name
Prevent kickbacks all the same
Safety is the game


Fingers! Five each hand.
Keep them there with Grr-Ripper, or
Use toes for zipper.


Lumber freshly cut
Kicking back into my gut
Alas! No Grr-Ripper!


*************


Now its up to you!


Take a moment to head over to the Mere Mortals Facebook Page and vote for your favorite. Ill keep the poll running until next Sunday. Whoever receives the most votes wins the Grr-Ripper. Good luck!


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment