Monday, January 27, 2014

Fall Patio

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
It is a beautiful morning today ...


On the CA Central coast most of the summer mornings are very foggy, hopefully today is a sign of sunshiny mornings to come!

Yesterday was spent sanding and priming a few pieces, but before I show you those here are some updates to our "fall" patio.

I know my colors arent exactly fall appropriate, but I couldnt find reds, oranges, and yellows that met my part sun requirement, so I improvised!  


Im not much of a gardener and everything that I planted at the beginning of summer in the two planters died ... I guess the fact that the railing is plaster doesnt help, I had shade plants there but they never did very well. Maybe the wrong fertilizer?

So I decided to plant one of my favorite flowers, pansies! I was able to find a part sun variety at Home Depot, since it does get some late morning early afternoon sun, I am hoping that they will do well here.

I have a fondness of pansies from my Grandparents house in South Carolina, my Grandfather, an expert gardner, had a long curving walkway with large beautiful pansies on both sides brimming into the walkway. Hopefully, mine will be flowing out of the box soon!






In addition to pansies, I planted astors in the ladder planter

I know my colors arent exactly appropriate for fall, but CA has all kinds of flowers year round, so I figured I should enjoy while we are here!

Happy Friday! I hope you have a great weekend!



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment