Friday, January 24, 2014

Roadside find

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download


The other day I was driving home and saw this table dropped in front of our house.

I didnt think much about it, but then when David got home he said theres a table outside, and then I said oh yeah, I wanted to look at that.

So we checked it out, the top was wobbly and laminate, but the base was oak. It was late and we werent sure, but when in doubt, I say pull it into the garage!

Im thinking ...

a. it was a coincidence or
b. someone has seen our garage and knew that it would fit right in ...

Most definitely the latter :)

Maybe some paint (a stenciled top?) and either sell it or find some place to put it upstairs since extra workspace would be nice. In any event, it could just stay in the garage. David put new brakes and struts on my car this weekend and used it as a worktable. If you think it looks bad now, you should of seen it with dirty car parts, tools, etc on it.

So is it worth the time to refinish or too ugly? I figured since it is all straight surfaces it wouldnt take long ... If you vote keep, what color or stencil would you do? Id like to design a new stencil and would love to know what you think! 

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment