Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rileys Dollhouse

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Ive begun a new project. A good friend of mine has a 2 year old grand-daughter named Riley (cute as a button too, I might add). Hes asked me to build a dollhouse, customized for her for this Christmas! Its going to be smaller than the Rafey House, which was 4w x 3h x 2d.

Rileys Dollhouse will be 30"w x 24"h x 18"d. This is still plenty big, and suited for the Disney Princess line of dolls. I decided that the storage area I made in the top of the Rafey House should be a staple on all future dollhouses, so this one will also have a hinged lid and storage compartment!

Ive started today by cutting the side panels, and the three horizontal panels as shown below. Im using 3/4" A-grade maple plywood. This stuffs not cheap, so I need to be careful with my cuts. However, you get what you pay for, so this is going to be a beautiful house when its done! After cutting the main parts of the house, Ive also cut all of my dado joints using my router. Tomorrow, Ill be assembling all of the peices together. Some of the detail work has to be done before assembly, otherwise theres no way to do it, so I need to work on that also. This project requires some thinking ahead since there are no real plans for it...





TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment