Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tea Box Pine Tea Box grrr

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Hello Again,

Afte I finished working on the calico box, I turned my attention to the pine box and I finished the lid. Here are some photos:

I began the lid with a round pine blank. As this piece of wood was only 3/4" thick, it needed to have a small block glued to the top for a knob and that is what you see here:


Here is a photo of the blank in my vise with an additional C-clamp holding it fast while the glue dries. Ive lined up both pieces with a wooden pin and if you look carefully you can see the pin in the center of the photo. This prevents the pieces from shifting while its being clamped together:


I let it dry over night and this morning I put it on the lathe and shaped it. You can see the knob in the center and Ive also rounded off the corners and sanded it some. I think it will require a little more turning to remove that shoulder on the edge of the lid. This will help the two parts blend in together a little better:


As its getting cold and Im getting hungry Im going to stop working on it. Im not entirely sure about cutting it more so Im just going to look at it for a day or two and then finish the lid. 

So more to come on this box. 

VW



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment